Monday, April 7, 2014

Plans to sail

As soon as Friday might be my actual first day of sailing. I still need to get my gear, and it's rather expensive. Thankfully it's a one time only cost. Today practice was a little different and we watched videos of sailing and tactics for team racing. It was nice to have a break from the gym but I think we'll be back there on Wednesday. I'm also really excited to get the stuff I ordered like the sweatshirt and hat that have south sailing on them. Things are progressing very smoothly and I'll be sailing in the very near future. One thing I'd like to happen is for me to sail in a regatta. To get a varsity letter for the team you need to sail in at least one so I think if I dedicate myself to getting better I'll be able to get one. If I can't accomplish this goal it won't be the end of the world, but it will be disappointing. Even if I don't sail in one being on the team has been a blast so far. I'm really glad I decided to do this for my 20 time project. I'm still finalizing what I want to say for my talk. I'm not sure if I want to do the theme of perseverance, but I'll decide soon. I'll probably have a quick chat with my teacher about it when I get my thoughts together a little more. 

2 comments:

  1. David - I'd be curious to hear what you decide about for your talk, perseverance sounds like a great theme based on your project. You had to persevere through Insanity, and you had to persevere not to give up on your project even when you couldn't actually sail. It sounds like a good goal to have of the regatta - what would you need to do to make sure you reach that goal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sorry about not really responding, comments just do not cooperate on iPads and iPhones. Anyways I'm not exactly sure how my talk is going to go, but I think the idea of perseverance will be pretty solid. Others thought about doing the same topic so I might change it, but I doubt I will. To accomplish my goal of one regatta I just plan on working hard. This week we have practice every day during the week so it'll be a little crazy, but fun nonetheless. Mainly I'm going to have to learn from experience. The more I can get out on the water and practice, the better I'll become.

    ReplyDelete