Sunday, March 9, 2014

Some new information

After attending the general sailing meeting I realize there's a lot in going to have to do to be on the team. I have to go to the school weight room three times a week until the water melts enough for us to actually get out on the water. Once we actually do get out on the water I'll need to get a dry suit, which will keep me from freezing on the boat. I'm guessing that's when I'll be learning some more of the ins and outs of sailing. There's also the possibility of the team traveling all over the place. There are races in Chicago, San Fransico, and Texas. I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to go, but they sound like lots of fun and I'd love to go. My first day is tomorrow, and I'm curious/excited to see what happens. I plan on giving 110%.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you to start as well! It sounds like finally you'll be getting into actual sailing, instead of just preparation. Do you feel ready to go? Are you nervous about anything? Weight training sounds important, although with the weather we've been having I feel like the wet suit might be the most important thing! Traveling is also really exciting - can't wait to hear all about it and kudos to you for already committing to giving 110%!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We're actually going to rig the boats today and I'm pretty excited. I've been to every practice so far and it's been fun. One thing I didn't expect was how much gear there is to buy and how expensive it is. I'll be able to get everything I need, but it is pretty crazy how much they charge for the stuff.

    ReplyDelete